Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011

In my evaluation, I'm currently tagging 2011 the "Year of Change." Although "change" can be scary and might have a negative connotation, I'd take the Year of Change over the Year of Brokenness any day.

Changes in 2011 included
  • Selling my house
  • A new choir director for Colla Voce
  • Baby Felton's arrival
  • New offices
  • A pastor's sudden passing, and another's retirement
I haven't processed what all the change means, in the big picture.  I can only do so much year-end reflecting at a time.

And naturally, amidst the changes, there are highlights (and low-lights) to remember:

favorite book 
Consumer Detox by Mark Powley

most bittersweet moment
Selling my little house

favorite new recipe

favorite movies
The Help
Crazy Stupid Love

best new travel destination
Colca Canyon, Peru

priciest meal
Shrimp Cocktail and Filet at St. Elmo in Indianapolis

favorite chill trip
Charleston, South Carolina, with Emily and Molz

most painful-yet-rewarding trip
Providence, Rhode Island, for the 13.1

biggest stretch
Serving on a foreign mission trip

proudest craft moment 
Sewing the interior for a camera bag

spent my birthday
Traveling on planes and buses in Peru

most hilarious moment
Wondering (deliriously) if the Delta blankets on our return flight from Peru were made from baby alpaca

most pleasant surprise
The joy of aunthood

silliest endeavor
Krispy Kreme Challenge in Raleigh, North Carolina

new techno gadget
A Kindle, from Mom and Dad for Christmas

most rabid organization project
Pantry overhaul

favorite new iPhone app
Sleep Cycle

I hope you look back on 2011 with fondness -- I sure do! -- and enjoy a very happy new year!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a little sad that the best new purchase wasn't your Schick Intuition razor. But I was cheered up by the fact that all of the ones that I got to share with you (with the exception of your b'day) were the funny ones. Ugly-girl laughs are our specialty.

    ReplyDelete